Monday, September 26, 2011

TV Wall Mount

Paul has been working on getting our TV mounted to the wall. First he installed surround sound and added the higher outlets. He has mad electrician skills for a layman.


He figured out the cheapest way to mount it. It still cost about $50 for all the brackets and hardware. First he went to Home Depot...they don't have a good hardware selection so he had to go to Lowe's instead.

He bought 4 metal brackets and attached 2 to the television (it had the holes already in place) and then we measured EXACTLY to put the other 2 on the wall. The ones of the TV just rested on the ones on the wall and we put little bolts to hold them together.

The hardest part was getting everything plugged in properly while holding the heavy TV.





We also repurposed my dining buffet into a TV stand. We pulled the fronts of the drawers off and reattached them with hinges. I lined it with some pretty japanese paper and VOILA! Isn't it pretty?

I inherited this from my parents and love how it's now a focal piece in my living room! Isn't my hubby handy?

2 comments:

Becca Allred said...

Oh my goodness that is amazing!!! What a handy man you have there. When we mounted our TV we also had to go to Lowe's because of HD's lack of selection. But I love the way you handled the cords and most especially the buffet redo: Awesomesauce.

Leslie Cosgriff McKinney said...

Why thank you...The hubs will enjoy your praise IMMENSELY!! hee hee.

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers