Sunday, August 17, 2008

I have been running my pre-season Cross-country camp this week (and will continue for another week and a half). It's always nerve-wracking to meet the new athletes. First of all, some of them come with parents and I hate meeting parents. I am afraid they might notice what a novice I am. But even more than meeting parents, the worst fear is that some new recruit will be very unlikeable and difficult to get along with. I am pretty accepting, but in the past I have dealt with some REALLY challenging personalities. Thankfully, this year's crop seems totally easy. We did a few cool things even though the weather didn't fully cooperate. Yesterday we went to Panther Falls. Paul came along and was a little disappointed that the "falls" was nothing more than a local swimming hole!! Ha ha ha...gotta love Buena Vista!
Ellie has been with her Dad this month and I have only gotten to speak to her twice in the last 2 weeks!! I miss her! Luckily there are only 2 more weeks till she is home and school starts!! I start before she does, but thank heavens this will be my last semester!!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Leslie!! You're going back?! I'm so proud of you! ONE semester left - you can do it!!

ps. I just made a connection with someone you knew a LONG time ago. Last name: Nicols, First name: Sunny. New last name: Doller. She went from nickels to dollars cuz she wanted mo' money!!!! Hehe. I'm just so hilarious. But seriously, she remembered you from institute at JMU. Small world! She's in my ward now.

Coleen said...

it's time for a holiday photo post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers