Monday, April 12, 2010

I can't believe my students are leaving me!!

I work at Southern Virginia University which means that I have lots of company all year and then...BAM, loneliness. This year is particularly sad for me because I have so many runners who have left and are leaving:( Darn Graduation.
Of course, I love all the newer students that ARE returning, but I will really miss the others!
The summertime is sooooo quiet except for when EFY is here...then we host hundreds of high school students who are VERY loud and LOVE to sing in the room across the hall. This gets old, trust me, and unfortunately the talent is very reminiscent of American Idol try-outs. yikes!
So I am trying to do better about posting on my blog. you will be happy to know that I even have a couple of ideas for future posts that involve pictures. Just not today. I have to take the pictures first!
On a completely separate note, many of you know that Paul and I have been looking at jobs in Georgia for the last several months. The plan was that if Paul found work, we would leave. It looks like that window is closing now so we will most likely be staying. That isn't all bad though. I am excited about coaching again this fall and I am also excited that Paul will be back in school here at SVU. I think we will be looking for a new rental in Buena Vista so Ellie will be going to Parry McCluer Middle School this fall. I think she is excited and I am glad I was able to put off middle school for at least one year. When did middle schoolers get so YOUNG???

No comments:

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers