Thursday, August 24, 2006

The other side of the story

Well there are those who did feel the need to call me to check on my sanity after the kiss with the ex story. I love those people and it makes me feel good to know that I am not alone with my worries and woes. Now keep in mind that I write what I am feeling exactly at the time I write and I am as fickle as any girl I know. The fact that I experience a feeling one day doesn't indicate that I will continue feeling it. I suppose that is the nature of feelings. They are constantly changing. It is my belief that we can create some feelings based on directed thinking. I mean if I really wanted to feel different about something and I got into certain habits of thinking, then I could truly feel different in time. So I am gonna do a feelings experiment. I want to start with something small. I am not ready to work on the ex yet so I am going to do it with a bit of a neutral acquaintance. I haven't thought of a good person yet. I will have to scope out my options...figure out someone who I just don't like. Police officers are hot. sorry. I had to throw that in. I work with them all the time and I just like them.
I broke up with my redneck. It was hard but I got it over with once I knew it had to be done. I have no current prospects and I kind of like that. My mom said I need to repeat "I don't need a husband" to myself frequently. She must be privy to my theory of thinking and feeling. If I think "I don't need a husband" regularly then I will really feel that way and then I will not be tempted to settle just to be with someone. yay!! when you believe you control your own feelings, it's very empowering. I suggest it as a way of life. you go girl.

1 comment:

Coleen said...

Girl, we need to talk!

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers