Monday, June 08, 2009

Graduation...FINALLY


When I entered my "last" semester at JMU, I never expected an additional 10 years before I finally got my bachelor's degree, but that is exactly what happened. I found out I was pregnant with Ellie about 3 weeks into the semester and had to take a medical withdrawal. I pass out every time I puke and I puked A LOT. Anyway, we moved so that my ex could finish his school and I didn't go to school again till we divorced. I took a semester of classes at a community college but I didn't really know what I needed to take and then I got remarried and quit again. Finally I enrolled again with an online program, but weeks before it was starting, I found out my husband wanted a divorce and I had to start working full-time (for the first time ever). Two years after that, I was determined to finish that darn degree so I decided to go to Southern Virginia University since it was a small school and my brother lived nearby. 3 semesters and look how happy I am!! That's one of my best friends, Holly. Now my goal is to get Paul finished too!

2 comments:

Renee and Jake said...

YEAH!!!! You did it. Life happens and sometimes can distract us but you did it.

Aimee said...

Leslie!!! You are my hero!! I am SO proud of you - you got your degree!! That is the best news I've heard in a long time! :) :) :) Man, they should have given you two for how much effort you put into it! You didn't say what you graduated in??

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers