Tuesday, June 23, 2009

North Carolina

We got to go to North Carolina the last two weekends. Paul's brother, Matthew (known in our house as "THE FOO" just got home from his 2 year mission in Omaha, Nebraska. Ellie and I were really excited to finally meet him as he is Paul's only brother and left just before Paul and I met. I took some pictures but had a computer gliche and can't get them downloaded. We were really lucky and Paul's old stake president let us stay at his lake house where Ellie and I enjoyed a little swimming. Apparently the McKinney men don't care much for the water!!
This past weekend we went without Ellie because she has gone to spend the summer months with her Dad who recently moved to Arizona. She is excited about it especially because there is a swimming pool across the street from their new house.
Anyway, Paul's friend, Joey and his wife, Tyla were in town and we got to spend a fun two days with them. We hiked up a trail to a waterfall and I almost stepped on a copperhead. I did a little dance when they told me!! Not a happy dance, but rather a scaredy-cat dance.
We got fed a TON of yummy food and visited Paul's home ward. We skipped Sunday School to catch up with old friends. I felt a little guilty except the bishop and stake president were right there skipping with us!! Hopefully I can figure out how to put the pictures up soon!!

No comments:

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers