Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Change is good...except when it's terrifying!


So if I am being completely honest with myself, I am terrified of this move. I don't mean to sound completely po-dunk, but I have never lived further than 2 hours away from my hometown...EVER!! Not only that, but I have always lived within 5 minutes of I-81. Whatever will I do with no soothing interstate noise to lull me to sleep at night?! And I don't think I have mentioned this before, but MY PARENTS ARE MOVING TOO!! They are going to Tennessee...a completely different state...for those of you who may be even less geographically inclined than me (and I hope, for your sake, that you are not). My little sister, Sam, who has been sharing a house with me for the past year is getting married in only 6 short weeks and she will be moving away too.
All these changes have really got me thinking about life and the meaning of things. Of course, I almost never STOP thinking about the meaning of things, but now my pontificating is slightly more focused. slightly. And what I have concluded is thus...(drum roll, please)...Change is the ESSENCE of life. It is the thing by which I measure time..."Well, after my 2nd divorce, I moved to Daleville", or "When I started dating Paul, I put on 10lbs", etc. It is the thing by which we GROW...Really, I don't need to give you an example of this...it's the ONLY sure thing to shake us out of old habits and motivate us to improve (and sometimes regress, if we fight it). So I am going to stop fearing the change and just embrace it. Maybe I will lose those 10 lbs...

3 comments:

still figgurin' said...

Love that you're blogging again. Maybe after you move and settle in, you can keep up my blog for me. I think I'm the only one that likes change, and it's out of my reach! We always get what will challenge us the most. Congrats!!!!

Shaina said...

Congratulations on the job, and good luck with the move! I hope it all goes well!

Aimee said...

Leslie! Wow! That's exciting news. I haven't checked your blog for a while and you are so cute and look great and I'm so happy for you to be able to move - this will be very exciting! :)
lots of love!

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers