Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Oh what a difference...

Above is a picture of our sunroom. I have big plans for it but right now it houses my favorite piece of furniture. My mother somehow acquired this from my Aunt Diane when I was about 5 and I laid claim to it before they moved to Tennessee. I am going to get some flowy curtains and a sisal rug and a wicker settee with fun pillows to soften it up...but not until AFTER I find a new job!!
Below is Ellie's cute bathroom. I just love the cabinet space!!





Here are all Ellie's books at the foot of her bed. I made her get rid of half her collection before we moved, but she still has plenty as you can see. At her 5th grade graduation, she won an award for "insightful comments in reading". They gave each of the kids adjectives that most described them and hers were "bookish and bouncy"! I have to agree. Right now she is reading Anne of Avonlea. It's one of my favorite series.


Here is her new bedroom. All the new stuff we got for her birthday looks even better at our new place!! And I recovered the lamps just before we left. I was going to put a cute print above the bed, but she insisted she have the pictures of Christ and the temple. I love this age! She is growing up, but still holding on to her childhood.

I am pretty excited about our new place. It makes me giggle a little. It is a lot smaller than our old place, but sooooo much nicer! Even though we still have to rent, it is a lot better when you actually like your place!





The kitchen has a great pass-through to the dining room and has a laundry room. We found a washer and dryer set for $160 on Craig's list. SWEEEEET!!!!







This is the master bath and below is the living room and dining room.

























Here is Ellie a few weeks ago after I gave her a little makeover...I guess she is trying to have a staring contest with Buster. He is Sam's doggie so we had to leave them both behind and we miss them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute place! It is really nice! I bet you are loving decorating and everything. We are renting for the summer right now from a couple that is actually gone for the summer so I can't really decorate, but I can't wait until we get our own place (even if just renting) so that I can!
We sure wish we could just come on over and hang out!

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers