Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Running: The good, the bad, and the sweaty!!

Running at sea level is wonderful...you can go really fast without even getting out of breath!! For at least a year, I have been battling running injuries and FINALLY I can go running pain free!!! It just rocks! It is awesome!! Alas, I haven't found very many good places to run from my house yet. Just big commercial roads which means a lot of concrete sidewalks! grrr...I hate concrete! It's the worst running surface! Luckily, I bought a huge bag of paper cups which I keep filled in the freezer and I have been DILIGENT about massaging my shins, knees, and heels with ice after every run. The benefit of running on main roads is that I refuse to look slow in front of all those strangers and therefore I have been keeping a good pace. Right now, I am running alone every morning, but that is a good thing because I have to get up at the crack of dawn to beat the heat and humidity here. We have had weather in the upper 90's and low 100's since I got here and the humidity is unreal! Another benefit to running at sea level...NO HILLS! That may sound like a negative to some of you hard-core athletes, but to me, it is pure running bliss!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To me, running is never bliss. Pure torture.

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers