Wednesday, October 18, 2006

And the new facts are...

OK, so now I am posting in real time after a delayed posting that I forgot I had written. This Sunday will actually mark my first monthiversary with Golf. We defined our relationship as exclusive, but I am still insecure about it 25% of the time. I suppose this stems from my being burned so badly in my last relationship. This weekend is a big step for me. I am going on a weekend campout with Golf and his mother and a bunch of her friends and family. I am super excited about it. And I am nervous to the point of nausea but don't tell him I said that.
Meeting mothers is tough business. Mothers can be entirely awesome, but it's always a bit of a gamble. I have had two past mother-in-laws. When it comes down to it, I ended up liking them better than their sons. They were awesome women and they had a common flaw...they spoiled their sons rotten and raised them into complete ego-maniacs. I don't really know if it was their fault though. My daughter can be somewhat of an ego-maniac too. I swear she was born that way.
Dating is weird. I love it, but it also makes me feel half-insane. I am not getting nearly as much sleep as I need. I only feel truly happy when he is around, and I pretty much have lost interest in all other activities. It seems more like I am bi-polar than in love. Plus I know how annoying it must be to all those who have to be around us. Smooching and giggling like middle-schoolers even though we're old. It's certain to be distasteful to 87.983% of the population. I will have to get a picture of us together for my old blog-site.

1 comment:

Coleen said...

You'll do great! Just relax, like I always do! :)

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers