Wednesday, November 01, 2006

What's the deal?


I took Ellie trick-or-treating yesterday. She has pink-eye and couldn't be around other kids so she missed all the fun at school and the church party, but I still took her around Golf's neighborhood for some candy. It was fun. The weather was nice. The neighborhood was friendly and she got lots of candy and we only went on two streets. It lifts my spirits to hang out in child-friendly suburbia for a little while. I like seeing that there are so many good families having kids and enjoying their families. It also depresses the heck out of me. I used to be one of these suburban moms with my nice house and my cluster of friends in the neighborhood...and now I am this poor single mom in a basement apartment. And why is this my lot in life? I should be asking why not. Why not me. I don't enjoy my current situation. I don't like being a single mom and I definitely don't like being on the bottom of the social status ladder because of it. The reality is that divorce causes poverty. I was an honor student in a good college, but because of my personal life, I am now stuck in loser-ville. But despite all this, I have to say that I am still happy (most of the time) and I know things will only get better for me...although they could get worse first!!! Anyway. Divorce sucks.

No comments:

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers