Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My new poem about the ex









I’ve made a friend of a lover after all this time has passed.
Someone who truly knows me, who can always make me laugh.
The passion we once felt has mellowed to a warm, delicious glow;
Embers left to give light and heat, despite bitter cold or snow
The dangerous flame with its reckless abandon and unpredictable wrath,
Replaced now by something soothing and comfortable in its path
When our love died down and simmered into something we could trust,
Was it lessened somehow by its newfound freedom from our lust?
Rather, it’s awakened and strengthened, somehow made whole and new,
And a heart that once was broken now seems more fresh and true.
My heart, she cried for mercy and begged to be devoured in the flame;
But now she rejoices in the eternal embers left to melt down all the pain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, you're such a poet. I'm glad that you feel the way you do about your relationship with ex. It gives me some tiny amount of hope for my own relationship.

Coleen said...

this is really good! maybe since you're not into dating, you could write poetry about everybody? but really, this is good, and i'm happy that you feel that way.

still figgurin' said...

Go Thoreau!
How do you find the time?
Check out my blog- new pics of the new pooches.
Candi

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers