Tuesday, September 12, 2006

No privacy and no secrets

There is a part of me that wonders if it is such a good idea to be so very open with myself. I am sure that there is a good reason that most people play games in dating. It is a way to avoid pain and embarrassment, but I wonder if it also works so far as getting oneself in the relationships that one wants. I can't do it. I have a big mouth and cannot keep my own secrets. I have no problem with other peoples, but I just blurt my own like they are everybody's business. I used to think that somehow made me more honest than people who choose not to share, but I realize it just makes me appear even dumber than I really am. People are accustomed to a certain amount of holding back and I just don't do it. Really, I am frustrated with myself. I don't know if I am gonna change though. It's too funny to not include my idiot behavior on the blog. I am sure that is why other people talk about hobbies and art and music or anything other than their own behaviors. Not likely to happen for me. One, I am way too bored with hobbies, and two, I don't know enough about any one thing to devote more than one writing to any particular subject. I think human behavior is fascinating. I should write in the third person and use a pseudonym for myself.
Case Study #1: Darcy, female, age 29, twice divorced, one child, female, age 7 from first marriage. Subject is way too sharing of private information. Most likely attributed to lack of attention in her nuclear family which resulted in deep-seated insecurity. Exhibits strange over-exaggerated facial expressions when speaking. Very obnoxiously happy all the time. Can't seem to stop talking to ex-husband #2 even though he totally dissed her and left her up a creek without a paddle. Exhibits sarcasm when speaking to others but can be sensitive at times when others use too much with her. This week the subject called the ex herself to arrange a supposedly innocent date. Everyone who cares a smidge for her is discouraging the maintainance of said relationship, but she seems insensitive to their feelings on the matter.
Poor Darcy. She's such a boob.

No comments:

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers