Saturday, September 02, 2006

OK, it could be a change in dynamics

Well my mother was upset with me because I haven't been writing her diligently. I am such a bad daughter. The truth is that I am spreading myself out a little too thin. Starting school up again is hard on me. It'll take a couple weeks to adjust to being the full time teacher, mother, sister, and employee that I am now expected to be. The good news is that I realize I am fully capable of it and I just have to be patient with myself.
So the redneck really ended his chances of being just friends with me this week. I don't like pushy people and expecially don't like someone pushing themselves on me. I like flirting when it's casual but I don't like serious committment talk early on. ick. I had to be a lot more blunt and it felt mean, but the result was good. No more unwanted contact. I guess I need to go into details for those who are unfamiliar with the whole story. He called me to ask if we could still be friends and I said "ok". Then he called the next night and I didn't answer the phone and he left a message about this weekend. The next morning he texted me that he wanted to have lunch. We met at Wendy's and during lunch he wanted to know if the dating option could be left open. I was so uncomfortable and I said "ok" even though I should have said "no". When I got back to work there was another dozen roses and that just pushed me into "freak-out" mode. I ignored them and there was no card, but later that day he texted me again with "hope you're having a floral day". I still did not reply. The next morning he texted with "hope I wasn't too forward yesterday, I just wanted you to know I feel". That's when I went for the blunt reply. I texted back and said "honestly I was very uncomfortable. you put me on the spot. I don't want to be more than friends." And I haven't heard a word since.
I didn't go to the ex's show this week like he wanted me to. He came by the house Wednesday night and it was just hard for me. I planned to go see his show with Golf but then S and Golf talked me out of it and I was protected from what was sure to be an evening of misery. It is nice to have good friends who love you. I am lucky. The ex called me at work the next morning wanting to know what happened to me. I played it cool. I am getting a little annoyed with his lack of compassion for what he's put me through. That could be the best thing that's happened to me in a long time! Annoyance is major with me. It marks the end of a relationship as far as I am concerned. Or at the very least, a change in dynamics.

1 comment:

Coleen said...

change seems to be good lately! :) see ya monday.

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers