Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Bittersweet Blessings

I just had the most awful dream...that'll teach me to take an afternoon nap, right? In my defense I have been on the road since Friday afternoon. I drove about 28 hours total. I was good and tired. I think there is construction going on in the next door apartment. I kept getting awakened by drilling and hammering noises. Oddly though, I woke myself up by a sad dream that had me sobbing and the emotion was powerful enough to break through that sleep paralysis and I was unable to breathe...totally weird, man.
So, I had two purposes for all this driving. The first was that I transported my daughter down to my sister's house...she had been with her dad and I missed her! The second was to see Mr. Korea one last time. He wanted to come here to see me, but that would have been a logistical nightmare and it gave me a good excuse to take some vacation time from work.
We got together Sunday night around 10:30. I was staying with one of his friends from church and he met me at her place. We took a nice walk, had a nice talk, had our first kiss, and just enjoyed being together. I went in before it got too late and had a restless night. I was starving in the morning and so he arranged to come and get me and we went back to Ft. Bragg so he could formally clear out of his room. First he bought me some milk and cereal to squash my hunger pains. I enjoyed seeing how he'd been living and we had lots more good conversation. The special thing about this guy is that I can tell him what I am really thinking and he doesn't judge me or jump to any wild emotional conclusions. Basically, he thinks like me.
We headed to the army museum but it was closed on Mondays, so we went downtown and saw a small photo gallery before stopping at the "Blue Moon Cafe" for lunch. Their grill was down but the food was still good. I had a very healthy and tasty veggie wrap. He got a little personal pizza. We tried to find a card game called quiddler but it was only available online. We discovered that after fruitless trips to Wal-mart and Toys-R-Us. Finally we threw in the proverbial towel and went back to his friend's apartment. He discovered a book on color personality types and we took the tests...I turned out yellow blue and he turned out white blue for those who have a clue what that means. It was fun and I got a foot massage out of it too!
We left to catch a matinee and chose "Ice Age 2". That was a mistake, it's not nearly as good as the first one and we left before it ended and went to Barnes&Noble. I got a yoga DVD I had been looking for and we listened to the sample music of each other's favorite songs...or he listened to mine at least. He couldn't find his favorites on the sampler...thus my music is apparently a lot more mainstream than his. We then gave up on creativity and just sat and talked in the coffee-shop until dinner-time. We ate at a mexican cantina grill....mmmmm....good food! His friend met us there. If you can judge a person by the quality of his friends, then I have nothing to worry about with this guy. His friends were really funny and cool...just like him.
We met back up with his friends at the apartment after dinner and we didn't stay up too late...He had to be at the airport this morning at 6am. I fell asleep right away and morning came much too quickly. I was sorry to see him go. It was such a gloomy, rainy morning anyway. The weekend ended with just a sweet goodbye kiss and now we've got a year to figure out where this will go. I am glad I went. It was worth the trip.
Tomorrow will be back to the daily grind...That'll be good.

1 comment:

Coleen said...

awww... " Love, exciting and new..."

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers