Sunday, June 18, 2006

Exasperating!

I had the most wonderful date with the most wonderful guy! Of course he is going to Korea and doubts very much that he will stay in touch the full year based on only one day's fun! That is a very honest statement as I am sure I will lose momentum and stop emailing him too. I almost didn't go on the date because I got really excited about a guy in Charlottesville from the singles site I am on. We had a great time e-mailing and IM-ing this week. Once I spoke to him on the phone though I knew it would have to be a no-go. Thank goodness I didn't cancel with the North Carolina cutie-pie. My date met me and we first went to a flea-market at the Greensboro Coliseum. He hadn't had lunch so he asked the old ladies at the entrance if there were any snack vendors. He had those women tripping over their own feet to help him...he really is adorable. Tall, dark, and handsome. He has a 5 o'clock shadow by noon and these deep set hazel eyes framed by curly black lashes....mmmmmm. Anyway, I digress.
So all he found to eat was a small loaf of yeast rolls. I had the foresight to pack PB&J and an apple that I ate on the drive down. After we browsed the wares we agreed that neither one of us was particularly interested in trinkets and we didn't care much for shopping so we headed to the visitor's center for some more schmoozing with old ladies. Turned out the lady was quite helpful and provided us a map with directions to the Greensboro Museum. We parked near a graveyard with "no trespassing" signs and that was a bummer because we both love graveyards. The museum was fun. There was nothing really amazing or museum-worthy in it. Just historical, sentimental stuff. I did enjoy some room exhibits that showed examples of interior design in the 19th century. My date and I batted witty comments back and forth over the exhibits. He challenged me most excellently. He is embarrassed about his job. He's a cook in the army. I know the feeling. I am a secretary/receptionist. We're both underutilizing our talents so far as jobs. His job sounds way worse than mine...I am sure the pay is better though. We walked around the downtown area and I embarrassed him frequently by telling him he was hot, but pretty hairy. I then had to show him my long second toe so he would know that I wasn't perfect either!! I had no indication of whether he thought I was cute at this point, but the body language was pretty clear. He was not disappointed by my in-person persona. I have to get ready for church so I will have to continue this entry later...I may actually put a hard copy in a journal somewhere....I mean, it was a 6-hour date and I am feeling that I don't want to lose any memory from it!
what a sentimental schmuck I am...

1 comment:

Coleen said...

Well, I'm so glad you had a good time! I'll be sure to check your blog to find out more details when we return. Have a great week!

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers