Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Careful, my blog bites!

I am starting with a bit of an introduction to myself. I am 29 and mormon and twice divorced. It's no way to start a life. I consider 29 just starting. And I have no idea where I will end up. I just hope it won't be 39 and 5 times divorced. I don't think the odds look good for me. Maybe I shouldn't say I am mormon because I don't want people to get the wrong impression of mormons because of me. I love being mormon and I loved being married. And at least I am still mormon. I have been looking for true love. I admit that I think I am pretty. Sorry to quote a country song right off the bat, but "I may not be a 10, but the boys say I clean up good!".
When I was 17 I found out my cousin was pregnant. She is a month younger than me. I always envied her because she got so much attention from boys and I was quite late on the developmental timeline. Then I was grateful that boys didn't pay attention. Now they pay attention to me, but it's always the wrong kind of boy. That's one of my problems now. I don't have what it takes to be a trophy wife. I have very strong opinions and I think arguing is a way to show affection. That's how I ended up this way.
I want to use this as an outlet for all the sad, happy, funny, and embarrassing things that happen to me as I search for true love. If anyone else enjoys reading it, then I know they've been there too.
I decided to try online dating. I live in Virginia and mormons are scarce. The first message I received asked me if I was a good cook. I don't know his first name yet. Does that seem out of order to anyone else? He also said his daughter is looking for a mother. I doubt she's the only one in the family who needs a mother but that wouldn't be polite small talk for a first e-date.
I traveled 3 hours just to go to a mormon dance two weeks ago. It was my second time in only 2 months. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I met a guy who wanted to know what I looked for in a guy. I look for a guy whose breath doesn't asphixiate me within the first 15 seconds of a dance. He gave me his e-mail. shudder.
The one guy that I thought had promise is 5 years younger than me and is about to leave for a year in Korea. That's good timing. We're going to meet up this weekend. He lives 4 hours away but is willing to meet me half-way. I think it'll last 3 maybe 4 days after the one-on-one meeting. Tomorrow I am going to a movie night with some single mormons in my area. We are watching "Finding Nemo" and having snacks. The last movie night ended with some guy getting my number from a 17-yr old friend who couldn't have known better. He was nice but when I didn't call him back from the first message, he went ahead and asked me out on the second. I have decided to be less friendly tomorrow. At least with the boys.

1 comment:

Coleen said...

HI SISTER! I just happened upon your blog. I will never join the blog side. But i do enjoy reading a good one. Yours sure is interesting. Later. oh, this is jer

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers