Friday, June 16, 2006

Weekend Anticipation

So tomorrow I have a date with a guy I have been emailing for a couple weeks. I am pretty excited about it even though I know he's heading to Korea in 2 weeks for a year. He's in the army. I think most of the fun of dating comes from the anticipation and the high expectations. It is part of the wonder of the human spirit that we keep hoping for the best no matter how many times we've been let down. I would never want to have everything that I want. I would miss the daydreaming about what it might be like. Anyone who's ever accomplished a major dream knows that they aren't truly satisfied until they have a new dream. Maybe that is why I really like religion. The focus is on things which you really cannot fully accomplish in this life. It's all about the anticipation of a really great after-life.
The guy I will be going out with is someone I scoped out at a dance. I noticed him because he really looked fun and he was attractive. We didn't speak but I had a friend get his e-mail address for me. I have never used a friend like that before. I usually have the guts to handle my own love affairs. I think the difference now is that I feel very insecure about being twice-divorced...I felt insecure being once divorced but it's more of an exponential difference than a matter of simple addition. I have a friend who is going through his first divorce at 40. He described it as a nasty film that you just can't scrub off! I thought that was apro po.

2 comments:

still figgurin' said...

Change your settings so "other" can post. It was way too complicated for me to become a blogger- got to remember, I'm the grandmother to the grandmother!
Candi

Coleen said...

I hope you have a great time, no matter what happens! Can't wait to hear all about it.

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers