Thursday, June 29, 2006

Tractor Ride

My daughter is having a great time visiting my sister in Alabama. I just loved this picture she emailed me today. I miss her so much when she is not here! It is nice to see that she is having fun and creating memories with her extended family. Children should have plenty of positive role models in their lives besides their parents...or maybe in spite of their parents. I am so happy that my daughter gets to spend time with aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, and friends! A healthy social network is important for our overall happiness. I didn't get to know any of my extended family growing up. They all lived on the west coast and we grew up in VA. I have gotten to know some of them since I grew up, but I don't think it's the same as having someone know you as a child.

1 comment:

Coleen said...

I know what you mean! I love that I got to spend lots of time with my aunts and uncles in Philly. All of us cousins spent the majority of the summers together, and some of them feel like siblings to me. I think its cool to see the next generation of kids doing something similar. I'm crossing my fingers Miss El can join us at the shore-- she'll have a blast.

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers